Do I need a new siding?
Your siding makes up the largest portion of your home exterior. Beautiful siding can make an eye-catching statement, while old, worn or dilapidated siding can not only be an eyesore, it can put your home at risk. Failing siding will allow water infiltration that eventually leads to severe structural damage.
Telltale Signs of Siding Issues
High Performance Homes specializes in siding replacement by crew members highly trained in best-practice siding installation techniques. If you notice any of the following signs, contact one of our professionals to assess the damage and recommend a solution moving forward.
- Bubbling or blistering. This can occur when siding is exposed to high amounts of heat or moisture. Our siding contractors can not only replace the affected areas, they can identify the root of the issue to prevent it from happening again.
- Hail damage. After an intense storm with hail, check your siding for any chips, dents or cracking. Depending on the impact of the hailstone, it can severely damage your siding and lead to worsening issues.
- Dry rot. Fueled by moisture, dry rot causes wood to decompose, weakening siding and preventing it from defending against the elements.
- Cracked siding. Cracks in your siding are dangerous for your underlayment. Over time, water can seep in and cause serious damage to your home’s foundation and interior.
- Increased energy bills. Skyrocketing energy bills could be an indicator that your home’s insulation is lacking, not just in your attic but your walls as well. One of our contractors will inspect your siding to ensure no excessive air leakage is occurring.
- Extremely faded/losing its color. In addition to the unappealing look, fading can also mean that siding has reached the end of its lifespan. New, vibrant siding will enhance your home’s curb appeal and increase its property value.
Call the Siding Professionals at High Performance Homes
If you’re concerned about the condition of your siding, contact the professionals at High Performance Homes. We look forward to helping you with any siding replacement or siding repair needs. Call (360) 342-9253 or fill out our online contact form.