Roofing Contractor Seattle WA
A new roof doesn’t have to match your old roof, and the opportunity to change styles, colors, and patterning are at your discretion. High Performance Homes is a roofing contractor that knows that performance is everything. Your roof defends your home from the elements, let’s make sure it doesn’t quit.
Our Roofing Services for Seattle, WA
If your Seattle home needs a new roof installed, you can count on High Performance Homes for expert craftsmanship and a roof that endures for decades. If you’ve got a leak or your roof is simply past its prime, our expert crew is standing by:
- Owens Corning roofing systems
- New Roofs
- Skylight installations
- Metal roofing
- Flat roofing
- Gutter installation
- Roof inspections
Contact us today for a free estimate on any of our roofing services.
Do You Need a New Roof or Do You Need a Repair?
Depending on the age of your roof, you may be able to get away with a temporary repair. We’ll always provide as many options as possible, but if you’re noticing any of these signs, a replacement roof may be the better choice:
- An attic that smells bad
- An obvious leak
- Warped, cracking or loose shingles
- Missing shingles
We’ll take the time to inspect your roof and present you with the best options. If we’re confident we can extend the life of your existing roof, our roofing contractors will get your roof back to a condition that will keep your home comfortable.
Do you need us to come take a look at your roof? Let us know!
Industry Recognized Roofing Company
We’re a proud member of the Platinum Preferred Contractor network of Owens Corning. As a member, we’re guaranteed to provide the highest standards for your Seattle home. For a new standard in roofing, get in touch today.
What are the Parts of a Roofing System?
Roofing systems vary between high-slope, low-slope, and flat roofs, but all of them share common elements. Though the names may differ, an average roof can be broken down into four parts.
- The Decking/Roof Assembly: This is the first layer of support for your roof. Decking is made of several different materials, most often of provides plywood or OSB panels. OSB provide additional protection because shaved layers of wood are compressed with waterproof glue. This creates nearly impenetrable protection from moisture damage if higher layers are compromised.
- Weatherproofing/Underlayment: The underlayer covers the frame of the roof. An underlayment is made of a waterproof membrane that acts as your last line of defense against water and your best line of defense against moisture. A poorly fitted underlayment may shrink and tear, fail to remain glued down, or leave open areas of exposure where mold can develop and get inside.
- Reinforcement: Reinforcing the weatherproof membrane is key. This is accomplished using a variety of products but is most often done with a polyester, bituminous, elastomer, resin, polypropylene or hybrid layer. This is heavier than the underlayment and provides additional insulation, water-proofing, weight, and puncture protection.
- Roof Covering/Surfacing: The roof covering is the final layer. That depends on your needs as a homeowner. Metal, wood, synthetic, clay, asphalt, and concrete are all viable options. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks, and we’ll help you determine which covering meets your aesthetic and durability needs. With the salt-water air coming in from the Puget Sound, we’ll often advise homeowners to stay away from metal.
Why choose High Performance Homes for your Seattle roof installation?
We only employ roofing and siding specialists.
Too many companies try and hire jacks of every trade to cut down on costs. It might lower their costs, but it raises yours. Our roofing installers live and work off the ground. They have studied, trained, and practiced their craft, becoming veteran roofers in the process. The attention to detail and process knowledge cannot be duplicated by a multi-discipline employee.
We only use American made products
We don’t just use American to give back to the economy and other local businesses. The U.S. crafted roofing materials we use to build your roof are designed with precision, durability, and care that other materials aren’t. This makes installation easier and helps your roof to easily reach or exceed its maximum advertised lifespan. Great materials just go further. We only use products from Owens Corning, a leading manufacturer of roofing materials. Our lines include Oakridge Shingles, TruDefinition Duration, Woodcrest, and Woodmoor.
We only install complete roofing systems.
Roofing systems do more for your home than individual components. They are designed and manufactured by a single company so that every layer works together. This improves protection over multi-manufacturer component roofs. That protection is also backed by a longer warranty. Because the manufacturer knows how those parts interact, they’ll guarantee them for a greater length of time.
Contact us for a roof today
Let’s talk about your roof. If you aren’t sure whether yours can be repaired, or you need a new one, we’ll perform a roof inspection and give you the answers you need. A roof is meant to protect. Yours should, and ours do. Call or contact us now to get started.
Other Services Include:
We Also Service:
Washington Bellevue, Kent, Vancouver WA
Oregon Lake Oswego, Portland, Salem, Tigard, Tulatin, West Linn
and all points in-between