Replacing your old siding requires you to make a number of choices with regards to material, color and profile. Selecting a siding profile can be tricky especially since there are many options for this. High Performance Homes, a siding and patio door replacement company, discusses the different types of siding profiles to help you decide.
Horizontal siding profiles are the most commonly used patterns for homes. They include:
1. Traditional Lap – boards are partially layered on top of the other so as to create a water barrier that prevents moisture or rainfall from reaching the inside of the siding
2. Beaded – adds texture to the siding and features a bead at the bottom of each horizontal board
3. Dutch Lap – looks like the traditional lap siding but features a groove at the top of each horizontal board
Vertical siding profiles are less common than horizontal panels, but they have also been gaining popularity in the past few years. They are typically used to match certain styles of homes.
1. Board and Batten – vertical boards come with battens that cover tracks, with the raised batten casting a shadow on the boards
2. Panel Siding – the vertical version of the traditional lap siding, with the surfaces kept flush
This siding profile basically mimics the wood shake roofing installed by top rated roofing companies. It can be made into different shapes including round, square, staggered, fish scale, half cove, mitered corner, octagonal and hexagonal.
If you want your home to stand out, installing a siding with shake patterns can easily do the trick. With its unique appeal, your home can enjoy a distinct look that’s hard to miss.
High Performance Homes is a reputable company that offers siding replacement, roofing services, door installation and more. We carry out jobs to a high standard, ensuring value for your money. Call us at (360) 342-9253 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.