Did your roofing system sustain some roofing damage such as a roof leak or a rotten deck? If so, repairing the roof is a job for a roofing contractor to handle. When it comes to hiring a roofing contractor, you have to make sure that you’re hiring only the best. After all, you’re paying them to bring your roof back to top form and anything less can cause more problems for you. However, some may find hiring a good roofing contractor difficult. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be.
In this post, High Performance Homes discuss six practical tips that can help you find a good roofing contractor.
- Price – As much as possible, avoid choosing your roofing contractor based on the price, no matter how tempting it may be. Low bids on your roofing project should be taken as a red flag because this can end in subpar work. Instead, keep your options open and find an even more reliable contractor.
- Referrals – When it comes to searching for a reliable contractor, get referrals from your friends and family. This is one of the best ways to find a professional because they had firsthand experience working with that contractor, so they can tell you exactly the contractor’s work ethic.
- Avoid Pressure – If a contractor you’re speaking with is pressuring you to sign a contract before your insurance company can estimate the damage, it’s time to find a different contractor. Otherwise, you may end up paying more than what you expected if the insurance adjuster hasn’t told you the full extent of the damage yet.
- Contract – Get the details of your project in writing when talking with your contractor. This includes the scope of the project, terms of payment, and the agreed upon price that both parties are comfortable with. That way, you can avoid any trouble or misunderstandings with a written document.
- Better Business Bureau – Once you have referrals from your friends and family, take a precautionary step by researching them on the BBB. The BBB keeps a log of the performance records of roof damage repair experts and contractors and will let you know if a roofing contractor should be trusted or not. As much as possible, stay away from contractors who don’t exist in the BBB.
- Know The Material You Want – A contractor that doesn’t offer you the full range of your shingle options should be avoided at all costs. As much as possible, know the material you want installed in your home since it can affect your property’s resale value.
Turn to High Performance Homes for your roof replacement needs. We are your leading provider of roofing and siding services. Give us a call at (360) 342-9253 or fill out our contact form for a free consultation.